Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal
This document is designed to give you questions to consider and additional guidance to help you successfully complete the Data Analysis and Quality Improvement Initiative Proposal assessment. You may find it useful to use this document as a prewriting exercise, an outlining tool, or a final check to ensure you have sufficiently addressed all the grading criteria for this assessment. This document is a resource to help you complete the assessment.
Do not turn in this document as your assessment submission.
Analyze data to identify a health care issue or an area of concern.
· What data does your institution gather? (Or, what data were provided in the media piece?)
· What is the quality of the data, and what can be learned from it? What does it tell you? What is missing?
· What is an organized way of looking at different data outputs?
· What metrics indicate opportunities for quality improvement?
· What are the trends? (Existence of data does not necessarily equate to a trend.)
· What are the outcome measures? What information do you need to calculate specific rates?
· Assess the stability of processes or outcomes. Are the outcomes fairly predictable? Identify any problematic variations or performance failures.
· Include the selected data set that was analyzed in the proposal. This could be a table or chart.
Outline a quality improvement initiative proposal based on a selected health issue or area of concern and supporting data analysis.
· What benchmarks align to existing quality improvement initiatives set by local, state, or federal health care policies or laws?
· What quality initiatives currently exist (if any) related to the selected issue? Why are they insufficient?
· Identify target areas for improvement.
· Define what processes can be modified to improve outcomes. You may find it helpful to review models for quality improvement initiatives in Week 4.
· Identify evidence-based strategies to improve quality.
· Evaluate quality improvement initiatives on the selected health issue with existing quality indicators from other facilities, government agencies, and non-governmental bodies on quality improvement.
· Analyze challenges that meeting prescribed benchmarks can pose for a heath care organization and the interprofessional team.
Integrate interprofessional perspectives to lead quality improvements in patient safety, cost effectiveness, and work-life quality.
· Define interprofessional roles and responsibilities as they relate to the data and the quality improvement initiative.
· How would you make sure that all relevant roles are fully engaged in this effort?
· What non-nursing concepts would you incorporate into the initiative?
· How would outcomes to measure the effect of the intervention affect the interprofessional team?
· Briefly reflect on the impact of the proposed initiative on work-life quality of the nursing staff and interMake a quality initiative proposal (7-10 PowerPoint slides) through a presentation, interpreting and communicating dashboard data to support the proposal.
Health care providers are perpetually striving to improve care quality and patient safety. To accomplish enhanced care, outcomes need to be measured. Next, data measures must be validated. Measurement and validation of information support performance improvement. Health care providers must focus attention on evidence-based best practices to improve patient outcomes.
Health informatics, along with new and improved technologies and procedures, are at the core of
all quality improvement initiatives. Data analysis begins with provider documentation, researched process improvement models, and recognized quality benchmarks. All of these items work together to improve patient outcomes. Professional nurses must be able to interpret and communicate dashboard information that displays critical care metrics and outcomes along with data collected from the care delivery process.
A basic principle of quality measurement is: If you can’t measure it, you can’t improve it.
–Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (2021)
In the previous assessment, you analyzed the effectiveness of an existing quality initiative. Now that you’ve done that, this assessment gives you experience interpreting and communicating dashboard data for the purpose of making a quality initiative proposal of your own. And you’ll make your proposal through a PowerPoint presentation, including using speaker notes in the Notes section of the slides, much like you might in your health care setting.
Health care providers are on an endless quest to improve both care quality and patient safety. This unwavering commitment requires hospitals and care givers to increase their attention and adherence to treatment protocols to improve patient outcomes. Health informatics, along with new and improved technologies and procedures, are at the core of virtually all QI initiatives. The data gathered by providers, along with process improvement models and recognized quality benchmarks, are all part of a collaborative, continuing effort. As such, it is essential that professional nurses are able to correctly interpret and effectively communicate information revealed on dashboards that display critical care metrics.
In this assessment, you will make a QI initiative proposal based on a health issue of professional interest to you. This proposal will be based on an analysis of dashboard metrics from a health care facility. You have one of two options:
If you have access to dashboard metrics related to a QI initiative proposal of interest to you:
· Analyze data from the health care facility to identify a health care issue or an area of concern. You will need access to reports and data related to care quality and patient safety. If you work in a hospital setting, contact the quality managemen
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.