A company has four related product lines. Since they are aimed at different segments of the market, the company calculates separate P&L statements for each of these product lines. There are certain machining and assembly centers that work on products for each of the lines. OH costs from each of those centers are allocated to product cost of each product manufactured using rationally computed cost drivers taking total costs of each center at capacity divided by units of the driver available at capacity and then applied to each unit based on units of the driver used. (Basically an ABC approach.) The company also has a significant amount of sales and marketing and administrative OH, much of it fixed and shared by all four product lines, and which is allocated to the respective product lines based roughly on relative sales volume.The company determines the following key numbers for each line: Product A Product B Product C Product D Company TotalTotal sales $25,000,000 $20,000,000 $15,000,000 $10,000,000 $70,000,000Mfg.Cost Alloc $5,000,000 $4,000,000 $3,000,000 $2,000,000 $14,000,000Corp OH Alloc $4,000,000 $3,000,000 $2,000,000 $1,000,000 $10,000,000Other Costs $18,000,000 $12,000,000` $8,000,000 $4,000,000 $42,000,000Net Income ($2,000,000) $1,000,000 $2,000,000 $3,000,000 $4,000,000Senior management decides that the Product A Line should be discontinued to eliminate the loss, and thus increase net income. A production analyst who recently graduated from the graduate business program and excelled in the managerial accounting class urged them to reconsider, arguing forcefully that this move would very likely reduce corporate net income. In fact, it would probably cause another of the lines (probably B) to then become a money loser, leading to its elimination, and subsequently making the problem even worse!Who is right, the senior management or the analyst? Explain in detail what would most likely occur, how, and why. Use numbers to illustrate your answer, but also explain the logic of what would happen. Discuss both the shared manufacturing costs and the corporate overhead. 1. Who is right, the senior management or the analyst?Answer:Analyst is right2. what would most likely occur, how, whya) Computation of profit under senior management suggetion.PARTICULARS…
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.