A manufacturing business has been running for 3 years. It has used the marginal cost approach and FIFO (First in First Out) to value the stock in the financial statements. The manager is now interested to know what the recorded profits would have been if absorption costing had been used instead. Relevant information is presented below:a) Total fixed indirect production cost is £64,000 per year.b) Direct labour costs over each of the three years were £16 per unit.c) Direct material costs over each of the three years were £12 per unit.d) Variable expenses which vary in direct ratio to production were £20 per unit.e) Sales were: Year 1: 36,000 units; Year 2: 40,000 units; Year 3: 60,000 units. The selling price remained constant at £70 per unit.f) Production is at the rate of: Year 1: 40,000 units; Year 2: 48,000 units; Year 3: 51,000 units.Other overheads are as follows:g) Selling and Distribution overheads are: Year 1: £10,000; Year 2: £10,500, Year 3: £11,000h) Administrative overheads £15,000 for each yeari) Interest expense: Year 1: £1,000; Year 2: £1,250; Year 3: £1,500j) please help me in a statement for each of the three years comparing both methods using the information belowPlease help me in the income statements using marginal and absorption costs for the three years (6 income statements in total) with calculations / workings of closing stock
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.