Aramis Pte Ltd (Aramis) is a manufacturer of high tech machineries and has a 31 December year end. The Sword-Fight model is one of many models of high tech machineries that it carries. Aramis spent significantly on research and development. The research and development costs of the Sword-Fight model were $500,000 and $800,000 respectively. The development costs of the Sword-Fight model are amortized on a straight-line basis over 10 years with zero residual value, starting from 1 January 2011. The Sword-Fight model has been facing intense competition in recent years from competitors offering value-for-money alternative models. By 31 December 2016, the management of Aramis re-assessed its Sword-Fight model and concluded that the model will have reached the end of its economic useful life in two years’ time. The recoverable amount of the Sword-Fight model is estimated to be $80,000 as at 31 December 2016. Required (i) Briefly explain the accounting treatment(s) of the following items in accordance with the relevant Financial Reporting Standards in Singapore: (a) Research costs (b) Development costs (c) Goodwill (ii) For the financial year ended 31 December 2016, identify the relevant accounting issues relating to the development costs of the Sword-Fight model and prepare the necessary journal entries where applicable. (iii) Calculate the amortization expense of the development costs of the Sword-Fight model for the next two financial years after 31 December 2016. Answer to Question iiThe depreciable amount of an intangible asset with a finite useful life shall be allocated on a systematic basis over its useful life. Amortisation shall begin when the asset…
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.