ARTICLE CRITIQUE INSTRUCTIONS 1
Article Critique Instructions (50 points)
Florida International University
ARTICLE CRITIQUE INSTRUCTIONS 2
Purpose of The Article Critique Paper
1). Psychological Purpose
This paper serves several purposes, the first of which is helping you gain insight into
research papers in psychology. As this may be your first time reading and writing papers
in psychology, one goal of Paper I is to give you insight into what goes into such papers.
This article critique paper will help you learn about the various sections of an empirical
research report by reading at least one peer-reviewed articles (articles that have a Title
Page, Abstract, Literature Review, Method Section, Results Section, and References
Page—I have already selected some articles for you to critique, so make sure you only
critique one in the folder provided on Canvas). This paper will also give you some
insights into how the results sections are written in APA formatted research articles. Pay
close attention to those sections, as throughout this course you’ll be writing up some
results of your own!
In this relatively short paper, you will read one of five articles posted on Canvas and
summarize what the authors did and what they found. The first part of the paper should
focus on summarizing the design the authors used for their project. That is, you will
identify the independent and dependent variables, talk about how the authors carried out
their study, and then summarize the results (you don’t need to fully understand the
statistics in the results, but try to get a sense of what the authors did in their analyses). In
the second part of the paper, you will critique the article for its methodological strengths
and weaknesses. Finally, in part three, you will provide your references for the Article
Critique Paper in APA format.
2). APA Formatting Purpose
The second purpose of the Article Critique paper is to teach you proper American
Psychological Association (APA) formatting. In the instructions below, I tell you how to
format your paper using APA style. There are a lot of very specific requirements in APA
papers, so pay attention to the instructions below as well as Chapter 14 in your textbook!
3). Writing Purpose
Finally, this paper is intended to help you grow as a writer. Few psychology classes give
you the chance to write papers and receive feedback on your work. This class will! We
will give you feedback on this paper in terms of content, spelling, and grammar.
NOTE: There is a 30% maximum plagiarism limit on this paper. However, this DOES NOT
mean that you can directly plagiarize 30% of your paper. These 30% similarity is set for our
standardization—everyone is writing on the same topic, using almost same references, and using
the same instruction & checklist as an example. In addition, I will check all the similarity
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.