Due 10/4/2020 Sunday @ 7pm EST
3 – 4 pages
Must run through Turnitin and provide a submission report
All other instructions attached.BA ASSIGNMENT 1
The focus group in this case are the patients who have been diagnosed with the COVID-19. The pandemic of COVID-19 has caused major public health especially on the safety of the patients and the healthcare providers. COVID-19 has forced the majority of severely ill patients to undergo mechanical ventilation for a longer period. This means that they are exposed to the risk of other nosocomial infections like ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia (VAP). Once a patient has been discharged from the healthcare facility after the treatment for COVID-19, they are likely to experience post-intensive care syndrome (PICS). The PICS is characterized by deficits of strength, a decline in the cognitive, and mental health disturbances that are observed following the discharge from the critical care. The COVID-19 patients who are admitted in the intensive care units require mechanical ventilation and this goes on to the PICS. The patients who are at risk of developing the PICS have a history of associated morbidities for example diabetes, hypertension, asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary illness, and a longer period of mechanical ventilation (Jaffri & Jaffri, 2020).
Learning about the complications experienced by the COVID-19 patients under ventilation is important in informing about the risks of the VAP and the COVID-19 patients. It reveals how the exposure of these patients to nosocomial infections such as ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia is worsening the clinical conditions of these patients and exposing them to the increase in mortality, and prolonging and increasing the healthcare costs associated with hospitalization. It informs on the importance of the prevention, identification, and treatment of the early VAP to boost the effective treatment process of the COVID-19. Learning about the problems associated with the PICS is important to the healthcare providers to be actively involved in the identification of the impairments and to facilitate the process of administering the tailored care to deal with such impairments (Jaffri & Jaffri, 2020).
PICOT Questions: Does the prevention, identification, and treatment of the early VAP helpful in increasing the chances of successful treatment COVID-19 patients as compared to non during hospitalization?
This paper is aimed at looking at the effectiveness of the intervention that involves the prevention, identification, and early treatment in dealing with problems presented by ventilator-associated complications in COVID-19 patients. Usually, COVID-19 patients under ventilators are exposed to healthcare issues that affect their well-being. These patients have been exposed to the nosocomial infection for example ventilator-associated bacterial pneumonia and post-intensive care syndrome. While in the ICU, the COVID-19 patients require mechanical ventilation, and PIC may occur after discharge. The patients who are li· Due 10/4/2020 Sunday @ 7pm EST
· APA format
· 3 – 4 pages in length excluding title & reference pages.
· Must be ran through Turnitin and attach submission report
· Use only these 2 references
Jaffri, A., & Jaffri, U. A. (2020). Post-Intensive care syndrome and COVID-19: crisis after a crisis?. Heart & Lung: The Journal of Cardiopulmonary and Acute Care.
Povoa, H. C., Chianca, G. C., & Iorio, N. L. (2020). COVID-19: An Alert to Ventilator-Associated Bacterial Pneumonia. Infectious Diseases and Therapy, 1.
Follow these guidelines when completing this assignment.
The paper will include the following:
Clinical Question (30 points/15%)
1. Describe the problem: What is the focus of your group’s work?
2. Significance of problem: What health outcomes result from your problem? Or what statistics document this is a problem? You may find support on websites for government or professional organizations.
3. Purpose of the paper: What will your paper do or describe?
***Please note that although most of these questions are the same as you addressed in paper 1, the purpose of this paper is different. You can use your paper 1 for items 1 & 2 above, including any faculty suggestions for improvement provided as feedback.
You can copy and paste from the previous paper you wrote for me for items 1&2.
Evidence Matrix Table: Data Summary (Appendix A) – (60 points/30%)
Categorize items in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. References (recent publication within the last 5 years)
2. Purpose/Hypothesis/Study Question(s)
3. Variables: Independent (I) and Dependent (D)
4. Study Design
5. Sample Size and Selection
6. Data Collection Methods
7. Major Findings (Evidence)
Description of Findings (60 points/30%)
Describe the data in the Matrix Table, including proper intext citations and reference list entries for each article.
1. Compare and contrast variables within each study.
2. What are the study design and procedures used in each study; qualitative, quantitative, or mixed method
3. study, levels of confidence in each study, etc.?
4. Participant demographics and information.
5. Instruments used, including reliability and validity.
6. How do the research findings provide evidence to support your clinical problem, or what further evidence?
7. is needed to answer your question?
8. Next steps: Identify two questions that can help guide the group’s work.
Conclusion (20 points/10%)
Review major findings in a summary paragraph.
1. Evidence to address your clinical problem.
2. Make a connection back to all the included sections.
3. Wrap up the assignment and give the reader something to think about.
Format (30 points/15%)
1. Correct grammar and spelling
2. Include a title and reference page
3. Use of headings for each section:
b. Synthesis of the Literature
v. Implications for Future Work
5. Adheres to current 2
RUA: Informed Consent Regarding Patient Safety
Dr. Shakeeka Misher
Informed Consent Regarding Patient Safety
In this section, you will discuss the problem and the focus of your group work, the significance of the problem, health outcomes or statistics of the problem, present your PICOT question, and include a purpose statement.
Description of Findings: Summary
Insert Matrix Table (You may attach the matrix table as a separate attachment instead of inserting in your paper.
Description of Findings: Description
In this section, you will discuss what concepts have been studied, methods utilized, participants of the samples, any instruments utilized, reliability and validity, reflect back on the purpose of your paper, and discuss recommendations. Ensure to identify two questions that can help guide the group’s work.
Provide a one paragraph conclusion (3-5 sentences) regarding your paper.
Ensure to place all references in APA format (include in-text citations within the paper).
Misher, S. (2018). Evidence-based research in the nursing profession. Journal of Nursing Education, 8(1), 23-63. https://www.journalofnursingineducation.comChamberlain College of Nursing NR449 Evidence-Based Practice
Evidence Matrix Table
Size and Selection
(sample not a real article)
Smith, Lewis (2013),
What should I eat? A focus for those living with diabetes. Journal of Nursing Education, 1 (4) 111-112.
How do educational support groups effect dietary modifications in patients with diabetes?
Convenience sample-selected from local support group in Pittsburgh, PA
Support and education improved compliance with dietary modifications.
NR449 Evidence Matric Table.docx Revised10/20/14 ns/cs
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.