Beth Morgan, controller of Boulder Corporation, is currently preparing the 2017 financial report. She is trying to decide how to classify the following items:Account payable of $170,000 owed to suppliers for inventory.A $60,000 note payable that matures in three months. The company is planning to acquire a five-year loan from its bank to pay off the note. The bank has agreed to finance the note.A $500,000 mortgage: $75,000 payable within twelve months, and the remaining $425,000 to be paid over the next six years.The sum of $8,000 owed to the phone company for service during December.Advances of $25,000 received from a customer. The contract between the customer and Boulder Corporation states that if the company does not deliver the goods within six months, the $25,000 is to be returned to the customer.The sum of $15,000 due the federal government for income tax withheld from employees during the last quarter of 2017. The government requires that withholdings be submitted by the end of the next quarter to the Internal Revenue Service.A $125,000 note payable: $30,000 is payable within 12 months, and the remaining $95,000 is to be paid over the next two years. Boulder Corporation plans to issue common stock to the creditor for the portion due during the next 12 months.The company declared a cash dividend of $50,000 on December 29, 2017. The dividend is to be paid on January 21, 2018.REQUIRED:Classify each of the items as a current liability or as a long-term liability. (Note: Some items may be classified partially as current and partially as long term.)Compute the total amount that should be classified as current liabilities.Compute the total amount that should be classified as long-term liabilities.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.