The PMHNP role has the theoretical orientation, education, and scope to be an effective provider of child and adolescent mental health services. The American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) takes the policy position that psychiatric nurses should be considered members of the primary care workforce; this is in contrast to the traditional medical model, which positions mental health care as a specialty discipline. The responsibilities of the PMHNP role are founded on the nursing process and therapeutic relationship and include: educating patients and families; diagnosing, treating, and managing acute illness; providing psychotherapy; prescribing medication for acute and chronic illness; diagnosing, treating, and managing acute illness; providing care coordination; making referrals; ordering, performing, and interpreting lab tests, diagnostic studies; and providing preventative care including screening (APNA, 2019).
As you read the excerpt, please tell us?
What makes you decide to become a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner?
What are the values that may help you develop that role?
What is your plan to develop the knowledge, skills and competencies necessary for advance practice?
American Psychiatric Nurses Association (APNA) (2019). Expanding Mental Health Care Services in America: The Pivotol Role of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurses. An Informational Report Prepared by The American Psychiatric Nurses Association. Retrieved from https://www.apna.org/files/public/Resources/Workforce_Development_Report_Final_Draft_6_25.pdf
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.