I need help responding to the attached 3 posts in 200 words each. Please provide references for eachPEER RESPONSES FOR Patient Outcomes and Sustainable Change
Reflecting on the “IHI Module QI 202: Addressing Small Problems to Build Safer, More Reliable Systems,” describe how your direct practice improvement project achieves clinical improvement. How will you achieve widespread change? How would the widespread change of your DPI Project be affected if it were implemented in a country with universal health care. Describe how the health outcome would be impacted. Provide supporting evidence.
The IHI module QI 202: Addressing Small Problems to Build Safer, More Reliable Systems, reflects on the presence of small problems in healthcare systems and how to overcome these small problems to build safer systems. Steve Spear used various examples to make the readers understand the concept of small loopholes and workarounds which distract the employees resulting in mistakes and sometimes these mistakes become catastrophes(Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2022b). Also, he suggested ways to address them and make healthcare safer. My DPI project which is fall prevention among older adults achieves clinical improvement by building stronger techniques for addressing the reasons and suggesting ways to improve strength, gait, and balance using tai chi as the intervention. Currently, at the practice site, there is only a shift-to-shift report as the standard criteria for fall reporting. Many times people forget to bring to the provider’s notice that they experience a fall in the past 3 months. And sometimes if falls are reported, the shift duty nurses forget to enter them into the EHR system. Also, there is currently no special protocol for fall screening. Screening and assessment can help providers know about the population prone to falling and then they can work towards achieving the aim of fall prevention by devising various patient-centered interventions, My DPI project will streamline the process of screening all the older adults above the age of 65 years with CDC STEADI Stay Independent questionnaire (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.,2020). Those screened at risk will undergo assessment for fall risk factors using a Timed up and go, 30-second chair rise and balance test, with identification of medicines as per Beers criteria, measurement of orthostatic blood pressure, and asking about potential home hazards. Those having poor balance gait and strength will be enrolled in a 12-week tai chi exercise program as the intervention. In order to achieve widespread change, teamwork and collaboration are needed at the levels of the project. Potential sources of mistakes will be addressed in the first place, the commonest of all being linking the fall risk assessment to the patient’s e-chart. If my DPI project were implemented in a country with universal healthcare, the widespread change of the project will be affected in multiple ways. Universal healthcare coverage means all people have full access
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.