Flounder Company received the following selected information from its pension plan trustee concerning the operation of the company’s defined benefit pension plan for the year ended December 31, 2017.January 1, 2017December 31, 2017Projected benefit obligation$1,517,000$1,545,000Market-related and fair value of plan assets784,0001,107,400Accumulated benefit obligation1,568,0001,689,300Accumulated OCI (G/L)—Net gain0(201,700)The service cost component of pension expense for employee services rendered in the current year amounted to $78,000 and the amortization of prior service cost was $121,300. The company’s actual funding (contributions) of the plan in 2017 amounted to $245,000. The expected return on plan assets and the actual rate were both 10%; the interest/discount (settlement) rate was 10%. Accumulated other comprehensive income (PSC) had a balance of $1,213,000 on January 1, 2017. Assume no benefits paid in 2017.Determine the amounts of the components of pension expense that should be recognized by the company in 2017. (Enter amounts that reduce pension expense with either a negative sign preceding the number e.g. -45 or parenthesis e.g. (45).)Components of Pension Expense$Show List of AccountsPrepare the journal entry to record pension expense and the employer’s contribution to the pension plan in 2017. (Credit account titles are automatically indented when amount is entered. Do not indent manually. If no entry is required, select “No Entry” for the account titles and enter 0 for the amounts.)Account Titles and ExplanationDebitCredit(To record pension expense and employer’s contribution)Show List of AccountsIndicate the pension-related amounts that would be reported on the income statement and the balance sheet for Flounder Company for the year 2017.Flounder CompanyIncome Statement (Partial)$Flounder CompanyComprehensive Income Statement$XXXX$$XXXXFlounder CompanyBalance Sheet (Partial)$$Click if you would like to Show Work for this question:Open Show Work
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.