Poetry AssignmentNote that Blake groups his poems into two parts, but they still form one sequence or network of ideas and images.Every poem connects with others, but in varying ways. Some of these connect as two-part stories, such as Little Boy Lost, Little Boy Found, and Little Girl Lost, Little Girl Found.Others are paired by similar subject or form, but with many poems separating them, like “The Lamb” and “The Tyger.”Your task is to create a GROUP of four poems that in your view, are linked by “Blakean” themes and elements (verbal and visual).Go beyond the obvious (ie not just 4 poems about animals, or children, etc).One element you examine MUST be visual, and the others verbal. These can be his characteristic use of metaphor and personification, multiple personas,dialogue, paradox, contradiction, irony, opposites; poetic forms such as nursery songs, laments, visions, prophecy, satiric complaint; use of strong visual imagery,Romantic stress on freedom, sexuality, liberty; the supernatural and metaphysical, philosophical and political issues, radical questioning of religion, God, church, parents, schools, etc. Feel free to quote from the handouts I gave in class.FORMAT: List the 4 poems you chose. Explain why you grouped them by describing specific features (see list above) that make them an interesting group in your view. Remember to discuss the pictures; also remember that strong contrasts/conflicts are Blakean! Length: one paragraph of several sentences, citing the poems. Hint – The four poems I choose for this assignment is called “The Shepherd”, The Echoing Green”, “The Lamb”, “The Little Black Boy”.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.