Question:West Perth Ltd commences operations on 1/7/2013. They explore two areas and incur thefollowing costs;Exploration & Evaluation Expenditure ($m)Site Crawley 10.2 Site Northbridge 14.8 Total 25.0Other information: Financial year finishes 30/6/xx In Financial year of 2015, oil is discovered at Site Northbridge. Of Site Crawley, $7.2 million relates to tangible assets, $3 million to intangible assets. Site Crawley is abandoned as no economically-viable value (recoverable resources) exists and an impairment loss is recognised. Of the $14.8 million (Site Northbridge), $13 million relates to tangible assets, $1.8 million to intangible. Development costs – $10.5million are property, plant and equipment, $3.5 million are in intangibles. Development at Site Northbridge concludes at the end of 2015, production commences start of 2016. Development costs – are to be written off on a production basis in 2015 for Site Northbridge. It is estimated that Site Northbridge will produce 8 million barrels of oil, current price is $80 per barrel. In 2016, 400,000 barrels are extracted; production cost is $3.9 million. Sales for 2016 are 350,000 barrelsRequired:a) Prepare the journal entries for the costs incurred 2014, 2015 and 2016 (using thearea-of-interest method of accounting).b) Explain the difference between Area of Interest method and Full-cost method?
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.