Rose Bush Nursery purchased a delivery truck for $44,200. The truck is expected to have a useful life of 5 years and a residual value of $2,800. If the truck was purchased on June 1, 2019, what is the amount of depreciation expense for the truck for the year ended December 31, 2019? The company uses the straight-line method of depreciation.Determine the cost of the asset. Subtract the estimated salvage value of the asset from the cost of the asset to get the total depreciable amount. Determine the useful life of the asset. Divide the sum of step (2) by the number arrived at in step (3) to get the annual depreciation.The straight-line method is the simplest depreciation method. Using it, the value of the asset is depreciated evenly over the asset’s useful life. Excel offers the SLN function to calculate straight-line depreciation. Use =SLN(Cost,Salvage, Life).Determine the cost of the asset. Subtract the estimated salvage value of the asset from the cost of the asset to get the total depreciable amount. Determine the useful life of the asset. Divide the sum of step (2) by the number arrived at in step (3) to get the annual depreciation.
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.