Serotta Corporation is planning to issue bonds with a face value of $320,000 and a coupon rate of 12 percent. The bonds mature in two years and pay interest quarterly every March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31. All of the bonds were sold on January 1 of this year. Serotta uses the effective-interest amortization method and also uses a premium account. Assume an annual market rate of interest of 8 percent. (FV of $1, PV of $1, FVA of $1, and PVA of $1) (Use the appropriate factor(s) from the tables provided.)1. Provide the journal entry to record the issuance of the bonds January 1.(If no entry is required for a transaction/event, select “No journal entry required” in the first account field. Round your final answers to nearest whole dollar amount.) 2. Provide the journal entry to record the interest payment on March 31, June 30, September 30, and December 31 of this year. (If no entry is required for a transaction/event, select “No journal entry required” in the first account field. Round your final answers to nearest whole dollar amount.) 3. What bonds payable amount will Serotta report on this year’s December 31 balance sheet? (Round your final answers to nearest whole dollar amount.)
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.