Takini Hot Springs has an old machine that is fully depreciated but has a current salvage value of $5,000. The company wants to purchase a new machine that would cost $60,000 and have a five-year useful life and zero salvage value. Expected changes in annual avenues and expenses if the new machine is purchased are shown as above:Required:What’s the payback period of the new machine?What’s the simple rate of return on the new machine?Q.2Black Mountain Summit Company is considering starting a small catering business in Whitehorse, The company would need to purchase a delivery van and equipment costing $125,000 to operate the business and another $60,000 for inventories and other working capital needs. Rent for the building to be used by the business will be $35,000 per year. Ken, a business student and part-time employee at Black Mountain Summit indicates that annual cash inflow from the business will amount to $120,000. Other than the building rent, annual cash outflow for operating costs will amount to $40,000. Ken wants to operate the business for only 6 years. He estimates the equipment could be sold at that time for 4% of its original cost. Ken uses a 16% discount rate. (Ignore income taxes in this problem)Required:Should Ken take this investment? Use Net Present Value and Profitability analysis to support the decision.Thanks! Attachment 1Attachment 2Attachment 3
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.