Using the links below, visit the EDGAR web sites and look at the 2017 10-K’s for HCA and THC, two publicly traded and for profit hospital companies ( When you look at the site, these were posted on February 23 or 26, 2018 see the annual report interactive data). Go to the Yellow Box and click on Financial Statements, Notes to the Financial Statements or Accounting Policies. Review the Financials and think about the formats that you are reading about in the Gapenski book, compare and contrast the difference in a for Profit and Not for Profit Company and their presentation of the Financial Statements. Take a look at the “Consolidated Statements of Income or Operations” for this discussion. Then post a response to the group discussion board regarding any of the following questions:What are salaries and benefits as a percentage of net revenue?Do you think that the salaries for one of the two are a higher percentage of net revenues? Why is this?Compute 3 or 4 significant trends from the three years of the income statement and comment. Read the footnotes on Earnings per Share or Allowance for Doubtful Accounts (Net Patient Accounts Receivables) and discuss.Compare the For-Profit formats and reporting to the Not for Profit formats and reporting, what are some of the similarities and differences.Is there difference on what is included in the Financial’s of the publicly reporting companies versus the format presented in the lectures and book. Edgar Website Links:THCHCAhttps://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=thc&owner=exclude&action=getcompanyLink 2https://www.sec.gov/cgi-bin/browse-edgar?CIK=hca&owner=exclude&action=getcompany&Find=SearchThank you
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.