This module discusses the use of information from managerial accounting systems and the use of
costs in decision making. Please read and review the following case: When Change Isn’t So
Good: A Story of New Management and Misleading Statements. (see attached)
Discuss the following in 1.5-2 pages
• As you review the IMA Statement of Ethical Professional Practice (see attached), which of
the IMA’s overarching ethical principles are potentially compromised by Liz’s position?
• Is management perpetrating fraud? Is what they are doing illegal? Unethical? Explain.
• How does the misleading information impact decision-making?
• What damages could potentially be caused by the misleading information?
• If you were a board member and found out about the changes and discrepancies in the
material presented, how would you feel?
• Identify the stakeholders in this case. Then discuss how Liz’s decision may impact the
• What do you recommend Liz do? Be sure to defend your answer.When Change isn’t so good: A story of new management and misleading statements
A single tear rolled down her cheek as she thought about the last 20 years. Liz had devoted
most of her career to this company. She loved BFR, Inc., the customers, the employees, even
the cleaning crew that came in after hours. Liz was always the shining star in the office.
Everyone’s biggest fan and strongest supporter. She was dedicated to her work and the firm. It
was her life’s mission. If someone had a question, Liz was the one to go to. They trusted her to
get the job done, be fair, and above all, to protect the firm. Now Liz has hit a fork in the road
and is not quite sure how to move forward. Liz found herself wondering how she got here and
what options she had. She couldn’t imagine life without BFR. Liz was wondering if she could
she make it without this role. Afterall, it is all she has known for two decades. On the other
hand, Liz knows her integrity is everything. She should not let the company define her career
and she is trusted to make tough choices. This dilemma is breaking her heart. Liz is
contemplating leaving BFR, but she does not want to leave her dedicated employees. She is not
one to jump ship when it is sinking. Instead, Liz would rather repair the ship and keep it
steering in the right direction. However, she feels that is impossible. Several people had tried
and were terminated. If Liz stands up for what she thinks is right, she could lose her job. If she
loses her job, she would also lose her health insurance. Liz just finished a battle with cancer
and was finally declared cancer-free three months ago. If she loses her job and she has a
relapse, she may not be able to afford to fight cancer again.
Break Free Renewal, Inc. (BFR), was formed in 1995 as an addiction support charity. The
company is a 501(c)(3) organization located in Charleston, West Virginia, United States. BFR
provides support for addiction recovery including inpatient and outpatient support, housing,
and family support services. The main sources of revenue for BFR are individual and corporate
donations, grants, and the sales of some products and services. The company developed an
addiction support training certification program that they charge participants to complete.
Participants, referred to as students, in the program must pay for each course of the program.
BFR also offers continuing professional education courses. The company also partners with a
local college to teach some of the courses in their psychology and nursing programs.
As of 2023, BFR has 38 full-time administrative employees, 87 full-time counselors, and another
75 part-time employees. The company had a five-year history of growing revenues and a large
unrestricted cash balance that had accumulated to 36 million USD before the COVID-19
pandemic hit. The company had saved the cash for future growth and
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.