Hastings Corporation is interested in acquiring Vandell Corporation. Vandell has 1 million shares outstanding and a target capital structure consisting of 30% debt; its beta is 1.60 (given its target capital structure). Vandell has $10.91 million in debt that trades at par and pays an 7.9% interest rate. Vandell’s free cash flow (FCF0) is $2 million per year and is expected to grow at a constant rate of 6% a year. Both Vandell and Hastings pay a 40% combined federal and state tax rate. The risk-free rate of interest is 4% and the market risk premium is 6%. Hastings Corporation estimates that if it acquires Vandell Corporation, synergies will cause Vandell’s free cash flows to be $2.5 million, $3.2 million, $3.4 million, and $3.77 million at Years 1 through 4, respectively, after which the free cash flows will grow at a constant 6% rate. Hastings plans to assume Vandell’s $10.91 million in debt (which has an 7.9% interest rate) and raise additional debt financing at the time of the acquisition. Hastings estimates that interest payments will be $1.5 million each year for Years 1, 2, and 3. After Year 3, a target capital structure of 30% debt will be maintained. Interest at Year 4 will be $1.435 million, after which the interest and the tax shield will grow at 6%.Indicate the range of possible prices that Hastings could bid for each share of Vandell common stock in an acquisition. Round your answers to the nearest cent. Do not round intermediate calculations
Why Choose Us
- 100% non-plagiarized Papers
- 24/7 /365 Service Available
- Affordable Prices
- Any Paper, Urgency, and Subject
- Will complete your papers in 6 hours
- On-time Delivery
- Money-back and Privacy guarantees
- Unlimited Amendments upon request
- Satisfaction guarantee
How it Works
- Click on the “Place Order” tab at the top menu or “Order Now” icon at the bottom and a new page will appear with an order form to be filled.
- Fill in your paper’s requirements in the "PAPER DETAILS" section.
- Fill in your paper’s academic level, deadline, and the required number of pages from the drop-down menus.
- Click “CREATE ACCOUNT & SIGN IN” to enter your registration details and get an account with us for record-keeping and then, click on “PROCEED TO CHECKOUT” at the bottom of the page.
- From there, the payment sections will show, follow the guided payment process and your order will be available for our writing team to work on it.